Fixes those little things in WordPress like misplaced vowels and over-use of the letter Z.
Requires at least: WordPress 3.0
Tested up to: WordPress 3.2
- Trash -> Bin
- Color -> Colour (and similar)
- Categorize -> Categorise (and similar)
- Howdy -> greeting based on the time of day (in 3.2 and higher)
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Optionally set your locale (
WPLANG) to en_GB in
Frequently Asked Questions
Are you serious?
Reasonably so. Seeing ‘Trash’ too often sent me over the edge.
Why isn’t this a mo/po file?
Since en_GB is quite similar to en_US, it would be rather unnecessary to use full string translations that may require updating for each version.
Using -ize isn’t an Americanism
While I’m aware of this, I loathe Oxford spelling with a passion.
- Added missing ‘gettext_with_context’ filter
- First public release
- Made strings static (thanks dd32)
- First version