Had a bit of downtime for reasons somewhat unknown, needless to say I’m now giving up on trying to manage my own VPS!
The banners have been changed to some photos of my own, which are all of cute animals (highly unprofessional, obviously). Continue reading
Yesterday the WordPress.org team uncovered a series of compromised updates to popular plugins and temporarily shut down the plugin repositories and reset users’ passwords. Their blog post did not go into details however and I decided to hunt down and investigate the backdoors inserted.
I’ve been working with Michael Smith on ForgeToday.com after a move from a proprietary CMS to WordPress. The project has included:
- Recovering 1,800 articles from a 3rd party CMS with no database access
- Reducing page generation times from over 6 seconds to 0.2 seconds on average
- Writing 2 plugins to replace the rather lacking alternatives (to be released shortly)
- Discovering 1 serious plugin exploit
- …and writing countless lines of code to produce an end result to be proud of.
ForgeToday.com has now been entered for the Guardian Student Media Awards 2011.